Re: [ADMIN] WARNING: database must be vacuumed within 8439472 transactions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: [ADMIN] WARNING: database must be vacuumed within 8439472 transactions
Date
List pgsql-general
Prabhjot Sheena <prabhjot.sheena@rivalwatch.com> wrote:

> So this is what i did but my problem is still not going away.
>
> i shutdown the database and started it in single user mode and
> issued command vacuum full
>
> The command completed but the issue still exists

That is to be expected.  The VACUUM FULL command is not useful in
this situation.  You need to do a normal VACUUM of the full
database, which is something completely different.  You might want
to read this blog page for a discussion of this:

http://rhaas.blogspot.com/2014/03/vacuum-full-doesnt-mean-vacuum-but.html

If you can upgrade to a supported version you will find many
improvements to VACUUM in general and autovacuum in particular, but
that's probably something to consider after you dig yourself out of
the hole you're in now due to inadequate vacuuming.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com