Re: skipping analyze of "table1" --- lock not available? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: skipping analyze of "table1" --- lock not available?
Date
List pgsql-general
AI Rumman <rummandba@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could someone please tell me why I am getting these in my log:
>
> 2014-06-23 00:00:00.031 CDT [11379][@] : [1-1]LOG:  skipping analyze of "table1" --- lock not available

Enough activity has accumulated on table1 that it is due for new
statistics, but when autovacuum tried to gather them there was a
conflicting lock on the table.  This could be from any of the
following statements being run on table1 or having been run on
table1 in a transaction which is still open:

VACUUM
ANALYZE
CREATE INDEX
ALTER TABLE
DROP TABLE
TRUNCATE
CLUSTER
LOCK TABLE

If you look at the pg_locks and pg_stat_activity system views while
this is happening, you can probably figure out what the specific
cause is.  Note that this is at the LOG level, not at WARNING,
ERROR, or anything more severe; if it only happens occasionally or
for relatively short periods of time, especially periods when the
above commands may be running, there is no reason to worry.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com