Table Aliases - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From John C. Frickson
Subject Table Aliases
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Assume the following query:

  SELECT * FROM some_schema_name.some_table_name a
    LEFT JOIN other_schame_name.some_table_name b
    ON a.Foo=b.Bar

Notice that the schemas are different, but the table names are the same.
Now suppose both tables have an "Id" field. As I go through the columns,
I call (among other things):

  SQLColAttribute(hstmt, colnum, SQL_DESC_BASE_TABLE_NAME, (UCHAR*)tablename, sizeof(tablename), <h, NULL);
  SQLColAttribute(hstmt, colnum, SQL_DESC_TABLE_NAME, (UCHAR*)alias, sizeof(alias), <h, NULL);

The first call (SQL_DESC_BASE_TABLE_NAME) would return "some_table_name"
for the Id columns in both schemas.

When MySQL is the backend database, the second call (SQL_DESC_TABLE_NAME)
would return "a" and "b" for the to Id columns, i.e. the table aliases.
With PostgreSQL, the second call also returns "some_table_name". I can't
find any attribute that has the table alias.

Is there a way to get the table alias, or do I just have to code around it
somehow?

Thanks,
John