Re: WHERE condition lost from conditional unique index - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David G Johnston
Subject Re: WHERE condition lost from conditional unique index
Date
List pgsql-novice
jake fagan wrote
> Why would the migration work on my development but not on Jenkins?

The only obvious problem I can come up with is that your development
environment and the source for Jenkins do not have the same codebase.

Did you ever attempt to create this particular index without the where
clause - and now just recently converted it into a partial?

I doubt that Jenkins is silently ignoring the WHERE clause...an incorrect
source file is more likely.

> Am I applying the unique index correctly to begin with?

Yes, though it is a "partial unique index" since you are using a where
clause.

David J.