Re: Fwd: Restore problem from 8.4 backup to 9.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fwd: Restore problem from 8.4 backup to 9.0
Date
List pgsql-general
Adam Wizon <adamwizon@mac.com> writes:
> Thanks for the fast reply.  I must have still been connected to the older database somehow.  I cleaned up my
installationand restored the database.  No error messages this time.  I need to change the pg_hba.conf file.  I read
thedocumentation and its supposed to be in the data directory (which is locked), but it doesn't seem to be there.  Is
therean easy way to create the file in the data directory (without overriding access privileges) at this point?

That's where it would normally be, but try "show hba_file;" if you think
the packager of your distribution put it somewhere else.

            regards, tom lane