Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 + CentOS 6.5 64 bit - segfault error in initdb - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 + CentOS 6.5 64 bit - segfault error in initdb
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
On Wed, 2014-06-04 at 17:50 +0530, Bhushan Pathak wrote:

> The RPM get installed successfully, but when I issue the "service
> postgresql-9.2 initdb" command, it gets stuck for 5-10 minutes & then
> says failed. The pgstartup.log file has only 1 line -
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Can you please edit /etc/init.d/postgresql-9.2, go to line 235 which is
like this:

http://svn.pgrpms.org/browser/rpm/redhat/9.2/postgresql/EL-6/postgresql.init#L235

and then add -d parameter after initdb, and run it again? This will
throw debug messages to log file, which may give input to the people who
can find out the issue.

Regards,

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ