pass Form_pg_attribute to examine_attribute rather than Relation structure. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From amul sul
Subject pass Form_pg_attribute to examine_attribute rather than Relation structure.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

examine_attribute() function accept Relation type argument, and extract attribute from it.

For more granularity, I think passing Form_pg_attribute to examine_attribute() function  rather than passing Relation will be more relevant & makes it simple to understand.

Thinking to change examine_attribute as,

- examine_attribute(Relation onerel, int attnum, Node *index_expr)
+examine_attribute(Form_pg_attribute attr, Node *index_expr)

I think there wont any loss or gain except little optimization of function call stack space.

Thoughts? comments?

Please have look attached patch.

Regards,

Amul Sul