Re: Long term support for Debian 6.0 Announced - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Karl O. Pinc
Subject Re: Long term support for Debian 6.0 Announced
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
On 05/28/2014 08:14:55 AM, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Karl O. Pinc 2014-05-27 <1401155640.26185.2@slate>

> > Long term support for Debian 6.0 Announced
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2014/msg00002.html

> the plan is to simply continue providing PostgreSQL packages on
> apt.postgresql.org. We (I) won't additionally feed updates via the
> squeeze-lts suite.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry but I'm still not clear on what this means for continued
squeeze support. (Or for future "long term" support).  Will the
postgresql apt repo continue to have new pg releases for
squeeze (or whatever other debian versions are on "long term"
support) or will these end when squeeze goes out of regular
support?

Perhaps I'm confused because while the debian announcement
uses the term "Squeeze-LTS" it never talks about apt
repo suites or the mechanics of how squeeze support
will continue with respect to repos.

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein