Re: Long term support for Debian 6.0 Announced - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Long term support for Debian 6.0 Announced
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Karl O. Pinc 2014-05-27 <1401155640.26185.2@slate>
> Hi,
>
> This is old news, but I see nothing in the archives
> and it can't hurt to be sure that you folks know
> about this.
>
> Long term support for Debian 6.0 Announced
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2014/msg00002.html
>
> This raises the question of whether PG will provide
> packaging support for such "long term supported"
> debian releases -- especially since the support
> provided by Debian is "experimental" and not
> provided by the the regular Debian security team.

Hi,

the plan is to simply continue providing PostgreSQL packages on
apt.postgresql.org. We (I) won't additionally feed updates via the
squeeze-lts suite.

What we will probably do though is to do a one-time upload of
postgresql-common to squeeze-lts to make users aware of
apt.postgresql.org via a NEWS.Debian entry and a debconf note.

I haven't prepared anything for that yet, but I guess there will be
some announcement on pgsql-announce or similar shortly.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/