Hot stand by streaming replication in postgresql 9.2 - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From gurunadh.venkata@gmail.com
Subject Hot stand by streaming replication in postgresql 9.2
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi i am new to PostgreSQL and one of my colleague gave me a task to do Hot
stand by streaming replication in 9.2.

I am having some confusion how to set the "archive_command" and
restore_command parameters

master  postgresql server installation was loacted   at
/opt/PostgreSQL/9.2(IN Redhat Linux (6.x)

 slave server installation was configured at /var/lib/postgres/

and also help me how to set the restore_command in the slave
side(recovery.conf file).

master details

IP:10.0.0.100

In postgresql.conf file:

listen_addresses = '*'
wal_level = hot_standby
max_wal_senders = 1
wal_keep_segments = 5
archive_mode = on
archive_command = ?(Dont no how to setup the parameter)

In pg_hba.conf file:

host  replication   repuser   10.0.0.200      trust

Slave Details:

 postgresql.conf

hot_standby = on

Created recovery.conf, with the following lines:

restore_command = (Help me how to set this parameter)
standby_mode = 'on'
primary_conninfo = 'host=10.0.0.100 port= xxxx user=repuser password=rep

 select pg_start_backup('base backup');

here i have to copy all the data dir to slave

rsync -av --exclude pg_xlog --exclude postgresql.conf data/*
10.0.0.200:/var/lib/postgresql/data/

select pg_stop_backup();

My Lead said when you query the below three SQL statements you have to get
same O/P then you have done every thing fine.

For Example:

In master

SELECT pg_current_xlog_location();

pg_current_xlog_location
--------------------------
 0/1C000080
(1 row).

Then on the standby, you can run:
# SELECT pg_last_xlog_receive_location();
pg_last_xlog_receive_location
--------------------------
 0/1C000080
(1 row)
# SELECT pg_last_xlog_replay_location();
pg_last_xlog_replay_location
 0/1C000080
(1 row)

Sorry For my english.