Re: v7.4 Beta 1 fails regression on Digital Unix/Tru64 4.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: v7.4 Beta 1 fails regression on Digital Unix/Tru64 4.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alessio Bragadini <alessio@albourne.com> writes:
> The first beta fails two regression tests
> on alphaev67-dec-osf4.0g, compiled by cc -std -std
> i.e. Compaq/HP Digital Unix/Tru64/name-of-the-day

> They are "join" (FAILED) and "random" (failed ignored). Attached is the
> regression diff.

AFAICT, the diffs simply indicate that psql isn't echoing the input
commands --- ie, it's not honoring the "\set ECHO all" command that
is fed to it by the regression script.  Which is odd in itself, and
especially odd that it happens only in two out of 90-odd tests.  I
think you have a psql bug to chase.

> During configuration a warning stated that our version of Bison was
> outdated, can it be related?

No.  psql doesn't depend on bison.  A build from a tarball doesn't
use your local bison anyway (unless you build contrib).