Problem in using PostgreSQL ODBC driver with VBA - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Vincenzo Turturro
Subject Problem in using PostgreSQL ODBC driver with VBA
Date
List pgsql-odbc

Good morning

I write in order to obtain clarification (and possibly a solution !) about a problem I can't solve.

First of all I will briefly describe the scenario.

I have several applications written in VBA (Visual basic for Application) using Microsoft Access both as backend and frontend (data are stored in mdb files on a server and applications are stored in mde files on the pcs).

I'm committed in reingeneering these applications in order to migrate data files to a PostgreSQL database, without changing the frontends except that for the connection to the data they manage.

The idea is to connect each frontend to Postgres DB (version 9.5.4) using ODBC (version 9.5.4).

In order to run some tests, I migrated data from an mdb file to PG tables, defined an ODBC connection and linked the Access frontend to the PG database using it.

The problem raises when the application needs to deal with data stored in boolean columns.

If SW_UE is the name of a boolean column in a table, when I use a statements like this

If SW_UE = -1 Then

Do something

End If

the following error raises:

ERROR: Operator does not exist boolean = integer

I already searched the Internet for a solution and I found some, but none solved the problem.

For this reason I decided to write here, hoping in your help and/or some hint.

I thank you in advance for any answer.

Best regards

Vincenzo Turturro

Regione Toscana
Direzione generale Governo del territorio
Sistema Informativo Territoriale ed Ambientale

Via di Novoli 26
50127 Firenze

Tel 055 43 83 855