Re: PATCH: Batch/pipelining support for libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Verite
Subject Re: PATCH: Batch/pipelining support for libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
    Vaishnavi Prabakaran wrote:

> Please let me know if you think this is not enough but wanted to update
> section 33.6 also?

Yes, if the right place to call PQsetSingleRowMode() is immediately
after PQbatchQueueProcess(), I think we need to update
"33.6. Retrieving Query Results Row-By-Row"
with that information, otherwise what it says is just wrong
when in batch mode.

Also, in 33.5, I suggest to not use the "currently executing
query" as a synonym for the "query currently being processed"
to avoid any confusion between what the backend is executing
and a prior query whose results are being collected by the client
at the same moment.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité