Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Erik Rijkers
Subject Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Op 12-09-2022 om 16:00 schreef Erik Rijkers:

> I noticed that pg_restore --filter cannot, or at last not always, be
> used with the same filter-file that was used to produce a dump with
> pg_dump --filter.
>
> Is that as designed?  It seems a bit counterintuitive.  It'd be nice if
> that could be fixed.  Admittedly, the 'same' problem in pg_restore -t,
> also less than ideal.
>
> (A messy bashdemo below)

I hope the issue is still clear, even though in the bash I sent, I
messed up the dumpfile name (i.e., in the bash that I sent the pg_dump
creates another dump name than what is given to pg_restore. They should
use the same dumpname, obviously)