Time series aggregation - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Yelai, Ramkumar IN BLR STS
Subject Time series aggregation
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

In my current project,  we are keep inserting  device related data in 5 minutes basis  in our archiving tables. Soon we added more devices, more number of  rows will be inserted.

When we are generating report for 1000 devices for around 1 week of date range, It takes more time to aggregate the data and compute the business logic. Hence we thought to go for time series aggregation like, aggregate the device data by Hourly, daily and monthly and store in to another table.  Since Postgresql is supporting cron job in pgAgent, so I created a jobs to run hourly , daily and monthly basis to aggregate the data.  The jobs are working fine, but if postgresql server is shutdown and resume after some time like 2 hours or 1 day then job are not running from the  last run instead it is running from the current time and return to the normal schedule.

Here, how do I run the jobs from last run to current time as per the schedules based on hourly, daily and monthly.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar