Re: Server continuously enters to recovery mode. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From DrakoRod
Subject Re: Server continuously enters to recovery mode.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi everybody Thank you for your help!

I upgrade the version of 9.0.15 to 9.0.17. But after that constantly show
this error, in all sessions:

    *WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server
process
    DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back
the
    current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
    abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
    HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
    repeat your command.  *

The problem was in the database template0, this had a problem with the
index, I saw in the log when server started, this error:

    *PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662
*

So, I tried REINDEX but this crash. But I saw when I tried connect to the
database template0, showed this error:

*    PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662  *

So decided drop database.

   * DROP DATABASE template0;  *

But I saw this error:

    *ERROR:  cannot drop a template database  *

Then run this query and after that DROP DATABASE:

    *UPDATE pg_database SET datistemplate='false' WHERE datname='template0';
*

After that I delete the database template0 and resolved it!!

Thanks for all!! :)