replace function, what happens afterwards? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From MirrorX
Subject replace function, what happens afterwards?
Date
List pgsql-general
dear all,

i have a question regarding a recent problem that we faced and we are trying
to identify.
let's suppose we have a function A and a function B that in some point calls
function A.

function A->
…..
insert into table1(col1,col2) values ($1,$2)
…..

function B ->
…
select…
update….
insert….
select..
A();
….

Now function A is changed a bit, i.e we add a new argument in the insert
statement that it has (a constant). However this does not affect neither the
arguments of the function, nor the return type. And then function A is being
recompiled (with 'create or replace').

Afterwards, will function B keep working? Or we need to recomplie function B
as well (even if the code won't change)?

i am just trying to understand what is the default behaviour in this
situation

thank you in advance