Unattended Installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From shetty65
Subject Unattended Installation
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello

I am using Postgres 9.3.3.1 on Windows (32-Bit Windows 7 Professional).
I use the installer executable postgresql-9.3.3-1-windows.exe
with the option "--optionfile <file>"

The option file has the following content (the ${..} are replaced with
correct values before execution):
 #mode=unattended
 datadir=${program.base}data
 prefix=${program.base}
 serverport=${postgres.port}
 superaccount=postgres
 superpassword=${postgres.passwd}
 unattendedmodeui=minimalWithDialogs
 servicename=${postgres.service.name}

1) If the "mode" property is enabled to mode=unattended, the installation
works silent but the whole 'data' folder is missing after installation (the
first error message will occur when the server-startup failes after
installation).

2) If the "mode" property is disabled, the Installer interface appears.
Everything is correctly set, I need only to press the <next> button. The
Installation completes correctly.

Why does my unattended installation as described in 1) fail, but 2)
succeeds?

Thank you in advance for the help
Peter.