C++ read int array with libpqxx - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From alexandros_e
Subject C++ read int array with libpqxx
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hello experts,

I want to retrieve integer arrays (type integer[]) from Postgres DB through
C++ and libpqxx. Older posts (2007) suggest to read the array as string and
make a custom function that parses the text representation '{1,2,3}' and
then get the integer values. Has anything improved on this matter? Can I
actually get the integer array directly?

If not should I do "SELECT id, myIntegerArrayField FROM DBTable" within C++
or I should first do the text conversion from SQL like "SELECT id,
array_to_string(myIntegerArrayField,',') FROM DBTable" and then parse the
string returned.

I appreciate your feedback.