Re: Override PostgreSQL internal functions - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David Johnston
Subject Re: Override PostgreSQL internal functions
Date
List pgsql-novice
Sameer Kumar wrote
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way I can override (not overload) PostgreSQL internal functions
> e.g. replace()?
>
> By default replace() will replace string based on case sensitivity. I want
> to override this behavior and make it case insensitive. For Operators I
> can
> do that easily as:

Basic idea:

Create a schema called " overrides "
Put your function in " overrides "
Make sure the search path includes " overrides " before " pg_catalog "
This way lookup will always resolve to your function before it resolves to
the system supplied function.

David J.