Re: How to unnest an array with element indexes - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From AlexK
Subject Re: How to unnest an array with element indexes
Date
Re: How to unnest an array with element indexes
List pgsql-sql
David,

The array stores a time series of values for consecutive days. All I need is
take an array such as ARRAY[1.1,1.2] and return to the client the following

series_start_date + (array_index-1), array_value

Based on what you are saying, the following should do it:

with pivoted_array AS(
select unnest(ARRAY[1.1,1.2])
),
indexed_array AS(
select        row_number()OVER() AS element_index,        unnest as element_value
from pivoted_array)
SELECT        (DATE '2014-02-19' + INTERVAL '1d'*(element_index-1)) AS
series_date,        element_value AS series_value
FROM indexed_array

Can you confirm that this behavior is guaranteed and documented. I could not
find it in the docs.