Re: Select data in in pgadmin 1.18 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From fankotor
Subject Re: Select data in in pgadmin 1.18
Date
List pgadmin-support
I'll try to rephrase what I said above, I think my first message was a bit
unclear.
Let's say I have table X.
Table X has 2 columns: id and description.
Let's say id = 1 has a very large description (more than 1000 characters).
When I:

select description from X where id = 1

I can't view the entire column in pgadmin (the 'description'  column doesn't
resize so that I can't see the whole text). So, I copy/paste the column in
Notepad++. When I do this, surprise :) I can only see the first 256
characters, folowed by (...)
Something like:

abcdefghij (...)

But with 256 characters instead of 10.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think select is supposed to be the ultimate method
for selecting data.
Is this a bug or (hopefully) I can disable this behaviour somehow?
Like I said, the same select works great with pgadmin 1.14.