Re: [INTERFACES] crypt not included when compiling libpgtcl !!!!!!! - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] crypt not included when compiling libpgtcl !!!!!!!
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Constantin Teodorescu <teo@flex.ro> writes:
> RedHat 5.1 i386 with PostgreSQL v6.4 final version
> after installing libpgtcl , cannot run pgaccess because library crypt
> hasn't been linked into libpgtcl.so
> must manually add -lcrypt in Makefile into src/interfaces/libpgtcl

I don't think that's the right approach.  libpgtcl doesn't depend on
libcrypt.  libpq does, and that's where we need to fix this, or else
we'll see the same problem with any other shared library that depends
on libpq.

Would you check whether it works to add the following patch to
src/interfaces/libpq's Makefile, and then build libpgtcl *without*
a reference to crypt?  (I can't test it here since crypt is part of
libc on my machine...)

*** Makefile.in~    Thu Nov  5 18:08:26 1998
--- Makefile.in    Thu Nov  5 18:11:43 1998
***************
*** 34,39 ****
  OBJS+= common.o wchar.o conv.o
  endif

+ # If crypt is a separate library, rather than part of libc,
+ # make sure it gets included in shared libpq.
+ SHLIB_LINK= $(findstring -lcrypt,$(LIBS))
+
  # Shared library stuff, also default 'all' target
  include $(SRCDIR)/Makefile.shlib

            regards, tom lane