Re: BUG #8659: Broken dependencies on RHEL6 for 9.2.6 RPMs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: BUG #8659: Broken dependencies on RHEL6 for 9.2.6 RPMs
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Fri, 2014-01-10 at 08:00 -0800, nodejkarabeg wrote:
> Installed the PostgreSQL 9.2 Repository from the following URL, with
> the assumption that it would essentially stay 'pinned' and work within
> the 6.4 tree:
>
> yum install
> http://yum.postgresql.org/9.2/redhat/rhel-6.4-x86_64/pgdg-centos92-9.2-6.noarch.rpm

This is not a correct assumption: Actually the original directory name
is rhel-6-86_64, and we create symlinks to each sub release, to match
yum configurations on different servers.

The policy is using the latest and greatest. Still, I would blame Red
Hat for breaking something during an upgrade.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ