Re: Column types via ODBC interface - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Column types via ODBC interface
Date
List pgsql-general
Matt Goodall <mgg@isotek.co.uk> writes:
> f10       decimal(9,2)  SQL_VARCHAR, 254   SQL_DECIMAL, 9
> f11       numeric(9,2)  SQL_VARCHAR, 254   SQL_DECIMAL, 9

The 6.5 ODBC driver doesn't know about type numeric, so it returns its
default assumption, which is varchar as above.  The 7.0 version knows
about numeric, however.

The SQL type returned for "bool" appears to be a user-settable option.

The choices made for floating types look reasonably plausible.
If you think they're wrong, you'll need to argue why, not just
assert that you think they are.  It's easy enough to change the
ODBC driver's SQL type <=> Postgres type mapping if there's a
better definition than what we're using...

            regards, tom lane