Re: Minor disaster after upgrading with cvs. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Minor disaster after upgrading with cvs.
Date
List pgsql-general
Christopher Sawtell <csawtell@xtra.co.nz> writes:
>   I've just - about 4 hours ago upgraded via cvsup and upon restarting PG
> I was greated by this gem of information

> 02:10:26 postgres@berty:~ $ ./bin/pg_ctl -o -i start
> postmaster successfully started
> 02:10:43 postgres@berty:~ $ FATAL 2:  database was initialized with
> PG_CONTROL_VERSION 0,
>         but the backend was compiled with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 71.
>         looks like you need to initdb.

Ah, you have not been paying attention to pghackers (always a good idea
when running CVS tip ;-)).  You need to run the new contrib utility
contrib/pg_resetxlog to update the format of your pg_control and WAL
files.

            regards, tom lane