Re: Modify the DECLARE CURSOR command tag depending on the scrollable flag - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Modify the DECLARE CURSOR command tag depending on the scrollable flag
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Hm.  So you're suggesting that ECPG fix this problem by inserting an
> explicit NO SCROLL clause into translated DECLARE CURSOR commands, if
> there's not a SCROLL clause?

I wouldn't go that far yet.

Do I understand this right that the future readahead code needs separate
behavior depending on whether a cursor is scrollable?  I would think
that whatever you do with NO SCROLL cursors would also work with SCROLL
cursors, so if you don't know what the cursor is, just use the code for
NO SCROLL.