Re: JDBC & custom type of variable types (!) - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From David Johnston
Subject Re: JDBC & custom type of variable types (!)
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Marc Mamin-2 wrote
> Can I rely on a ClassCastException  as below to find the correct matching?
> even when the custom type has NULL(s) in it ?

Even if you could you should not.  Generating exceptions is expensive.  Try
"instanceof" testing instead.

I don't know enough bounce custom types in JDBC but as the column has the
type, not the value, the result of getObject should be known even if NULL is
involved.

David J.