Re: Clang support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Clang support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> wrote:

> is clang supported for compiling Postgres? I found some websites
> with information that some people compiled Postgres succesfully,
> but I got plenty of errors even with running ./configure. So I'm
> wondering if it's my fault, however gcc works properly.

I am able to build with this version of clang:

Ubuntu clang version 3.4-1~exp1 (trunk) (based on LLVM 3.4)
Target: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix

All I do is `export CC=clang` before running ./configure and make.

I was getting three benign warnings which didn't show up for gcc,
and recently committed changes to quiet those.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com