Re: RPMs and symlinks (was Re: [NOVICE] C++ library probs) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: RPMs and symlinks (was Re: [NOVICE] C++ library probs)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Leandro Fanzone <leandro@hasar.com> writes:
> Installed headers on /usr/include/pgsql. Didn't installed the source. The
> link actually points to .././include/port/linux.h which doesn't exist.

I figured as much --- that's what the symlink should look like, in the
source tree, but it ought not get installed that way.  Looks like we
have a bug in the RPM build process.  (Fairly recent bug too, I bet,
or it would've been noticed before.)

I've attached a copy of 7.0.2's port/linux.h, which you can use to
replace the os.h symlink so you can get some work done meanwhile.
        regards, tom lane

/* __USE_POSIX, __USE_BSD, and __USE_BSD_SIGNAL used to be defined either  here or with -D compile options, but __
macrosshould be set and used by C  library macros, not Postgres code.  __USE_POSIX is set by features.h,  __USE_BSD is
setby bsd/signal.h, and __USE_BSD_SIGNAL appears not to  be used.

*/
#define JMP_BUF
#define USE_POSIX_TIME

#if defined(__i386__)
typedef unsigned char slock_t;

#define HAS_TEST_AND_SET

#elif defined(__sparc__)
typedef unsigned char slock_t;

#define HAS_TEST_AND_SET

#elif defined(__powerpc__)
typedef unsigned int slock_t;

#define HAS_TEST_AND_SET

#elif defined(__alpha__)
typedef long int slock_t;

#define HAS_TEST_AND_SET

#elif defined(__mips__)
typedef unsigned int slock_t;

#define HAS_TEST_AND_SET

#elif defined(__arm__)
typedef unsigned char slock_t

#define HAS_TEST_AND_SET

#endif

#if defined(__GLIBC__) && (__GLIBC__ >= 2)
#ifdef HAVE_INT_TIMEZONE
#undef HAVE_INT_TIMEZONE
#endif
#endif