Re: [BUGS] BUG #8542: Materialized View with another column_name does not work? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #8542: Materialized View with another column_name does not work?
Date
Re: [BUGS] BUG #8542: Materialized View with another column_name does not work?  (Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
"t.katsumata1122@gmail.com" <t.katsumata1122@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm testing the Materialized View.
> When I've tried to create materialized view with specified
> column_name, I got an ERROR.
>
> example:
> - Creating original table
> CREATE TABLE t ( i int );
>
> - Creating materialized view with column_name
> CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW mv_t(ii) AS SELECT * FROM t;
>
> And then, I got a bellow ERROR.
> ----
> ERROR:  SELECT rule's target entry 1 has different column name from "ii"
> ----
>
> I did not get any ERROR with non materialized view.
> CREATE VIEW mv_t(ii) AS SELECT * FROM t;
>
> Is this a bug or restriction for Materialized View?

It's a bug.  Will fix in the next 9.3 minor release.

Moving the discussion to the -hackers list to discuss the fix.

This bug was introduced in fb60e7296c2cf15195802b4596496b179bdc905a
based on this feedback:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20600.1363022702@sss.pgh.pa.us

I picked the wrong response to that feedback.  Attached is a patch
which fixes things along the alternative lines suggested.  This
includes a regression test to ensure that this doesn't get broken
again.

If there are no objections I'll apply this within a few days.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com