Re: Strange problem with create table as select * from table; - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Strange problem with create table as select * from table;
Date
List pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thursday, November 03, 2011 1:03:12 pm hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
>> as you can see counts of rows in created table are more or less
>> sensible, but whatever method I used - create table as, insert into,
>> using sychronized_scans (initially) or not (later) - copy of the table,
>> as long as it's in database, has 40 those "-1" rows.

> At least it is consistent:)

Yeah, it wasn't clear before, but it looks like there are specific
rows that there's something wrong with.

> Characteristics of those forty rows.
> 1) creation_tsz  clustered?
> 2) magic_id in a range?
> 3) Non -1  xobject_id in a range?
> 4) Any other field show a similarity?

I would like to know the ctid's of the -1 rows in the copied table,
along with the ctid's of the rows they share magic_ids with, and
the ctid's of the rows with those same magic_ids in the original.
I'm wondering whether the affected rows are physically clustered ...

            regards, tom lane