Re: Auto-tuning work_mem and maintenance_work_mem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Auto-tuning work_mem and maintenance_work_mem
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> I still think my previous proposal of increasing the defaults for
> work_mem and maintenance_work_mem by 4X would serve many more
> people well than it would serve poorly.  I haven't heard anyone
> disagree with that notion.  Does anyone disagree?  Should we do
> it?

I think that it makes sense to do that.  Those are still reasonable
defaults for a machine with 2GB of RAM, maybe even with less.
We're talking about putting this only in a release that will come
out in 2014.  How many machines used for a database server that new
will have less than that?

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com