Re: drop-index-concurrently-1 on master fails at serializable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: drop-index-concurrently-1 on master fails at serializable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2013-10-08 15:01:26 -0700, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>> Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > [ isolation test failed at snapshot-based isolation levels ]
>>
>> Fix pushed, that looks for the right results based on isolation level.
>
> Hm, given what we're trying to test here, wouldn't it be better to
> explicitly use READ COMMITTED?

I thought about that approach, but it seemed better to make sure
that things didn't get broken at any isolation level by patches
dealing with DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY.  If you're sure that could
never happen, we could save a few dozen lines of isolation test
code.

It's not like READ COMMITTED will never get tested -- I would bet
that upwards of 99% of the make installcheck-world runs or make
installcheck -C src/test/isolation runs are at that isolation
level.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com