Re: Bugfix and new feature for PGXS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Bugfix and new feature for PGXS
Date
Re: Bugfix and new feature for PGXS  (Cédric Villemain <cedric@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2013-10-07 at 22:00 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> The code has been sitting in HEAD for several months, and I
> committed on the back branches because it was wanted.

New features normally go through a full development cycle including
extensive beta testing, especially when they contain changes to external
interfaces.  The fact that the patch author wanted his feature released
immediately (of course) doesn't warrant a free pass in this case, IMO.