Re: Bugfix and new feature for PGXS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Bugfix and new feature for PGXS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, 2013-10-07 at 22:00 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> The code has been sitting in HEAD for several months, and I
>> committed on the back branches because it was wanted.
> New features normally go through a full development cycle including
> extensive beta testing, especially when they contain changes to external
> interfaces.  The fact that the patch author wanted his feature released
> immediately (of course) doesn't warrant a free pass in this case, IMO.

Perhaps you should have stated your objection when this was being
discussed, and saved me some time.

I frankly think we can be a bit more tolerant about build system
features than we would be about the actual software it builds.

cheers

andrew