Re: Spanish language missing in pgadmin 1.8.3 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Spanish language missing in pgadmin 1.8.3
List pgadmin-support
On Sun, 2013-09-29 at 13:35 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 1:16 PM, jbru <juan_bru@yahoo.es> wrote:
> > Dear Guillaume
> >
> > As a 10 years PostgreSQL/pgAdmin user at different levels, I am completely
> > disappointed with this situation.
> >
> > Most of people has not the knowledge for patching.
> > I can not figure out what happened if the mistake was in English or French.
> > A so simple problem (or at least I understood this from your explanation)
> > but which has a so huge impact (Spanish  is a quite used language) has to be
> > managed in a better way.
> >
> > I hope you understand I'd like to claim this at higher level. Could yo
> > please, let me know the process to do it???
>
> You're completely disappointed that a volunteer to a free software
> project made a simple (and easy to make) mistake once in the 10+ years
> he's been doing a particular task? Personally, I'd rather thank
> Guillaume for all the effort he's put in to the project that everyone
> benefits from, than chastise him because he made an error that wasn't
> spotted in the release candidate build by any of the people
> volunteering their time by testing.

Thanks, Dave.

Just to add a little something, you can download this

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin3.git;a=blob;f=i18n/es_ES/pgadmin3.mo;h=8cd58472207382b4f72d0264b0ebd90db66e87d4;hb=34c9253712cdc1d370b3c1ab4f77a342194d3380
and replace your es_ES/pgadmin3.mo with it. Your pgadmin should now
speak spanish.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info