Re: connecting to the database from pgadmin client - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Thara Vadakkeveedu
Subject Re: connecting to the database from pgadmin client
Date
List pgsql-admin
I need to create a database and a user and make this new user the owner of this new database.
Since I cannot access postgres db from pgadmin client on my desktop,

I tried to do the same from the command line on the linux db server:

su - postgres
-bash-4.1$ psql -d postgres

postgres=#  create user puser password 'xxxxxx'

postgres=#  create database pfdb owner puser

If I now try to list databases using \l
it lists postgres, template0 and template1 but not the new database I created...

How can I create a new database successfully ? It will be easier for me to try this from the pgadmin client.
Thanks
TG