Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rainer Bauer
Subject Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Trevor,

Sunday, October 21, 2007, 12:15:25 AM, you wrote:

TT> On 10/20/07, Rainer Bauer <usenet@munnin.com> wrote:

>> I could reproduce this here:
>>
>> Server closed the connection unexpectedly
>> This probaly means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing
>> the request
>>
>> 2007-10-20 23:33:42 LOG:  server process (PID 5240) exited with exit code
>> -1073741502

TT> How?

Seems like the mailiming list is not catching up fast enough (I am
posting through usenet)...

Anyway, the problem are the no. of semaphores created by Postgres:
Every backend creates at least 4*<max_connections> semaphores. Just
increase <max_connections> to an unusual high value (say 10000) and
start creating new connections while monitoring the handle count.

Rainer