Re: PG 9.3 complains about specified more than once ??? Those views worked in PG 9.1 + 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Johnston
Subject Re: PG 9.3 complains about specified more than once ??? Those views worked in PG 9.1 + 9.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver-3 wrote
> My guess you are seeing this:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/release-9-3.html
>
> Improve view/rule printing code to handle cases where referenced tables
> are renamed, or columns are renamed, added, or dropped (Tom Lane)
>
> Table and column renamings can produce cases where, if we merely
> substitute the new name into the original text of a rule or view, the
> result is ambiguous. This change fixes the rule-dumping code to insert
> manufactured table and column aliases when needed to preserve the
> original semantics.
>

> You would be advised to use the 9.3 version of pg_dump to dump the 9.1
> database.

Maybe; but the supplied query does not seem to be ambiguous and the dump
phase has already completed.  pg_restore simply issues a CREATE VIEW and
does not perform interpolation of the contents.  If the select statement is
indeed correctly represented then I could very well see creating one like
that by hand and inserting it as part of an external database schema
installation (i.e., not via pg_restore) and would expect it to work.
According to this such a scenario should also fail with the same message.

David J.