Re: pg_dump question (exclude schemas) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From vinayak
Subject Re: pg_dump question (exclude schemas)
Date
List pgsql-general
>I want to backup a database but exclude certain schemas with a patter.
>I have 100 schemas with the pattern:  'sch_000', 'sch_001',  and so on.
>Will this work?
>$pg_dump <other_options>  --exclude-schema='sch_*'
>this does not seem to exclude all schemas with this pattern  ( 'sch_*' ),
>anything wrong here?
>thanks

It works fine on PostgreSQL 9.2.1.
When both -n and -N are given, the behavior is to dump just the schemas that
match at least one -n switch but no -N switches. If -N appears without -n,
then schemas matching -N are excluded from what is otherwise a normal dump.