Re: Spurious error messages from pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Johnston
Subject Re: Spurious error messages from pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-general
Evan Martin wrote
> Also, even without --clean I get 3 errors:
>
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 6755; 2618 4417788 RULE
> geometry_columns_delete em
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: rule
> "geometry_columns_delete" for relation "geometry_columns" already exists
>      Command was: CREATE RULE geometry_columns_delete AS ON DELETE TO
> geometry_columns DO INSTEAD NOTHING;
>
> (and same for "geometry_columns_insert" and "geometry_columns_update")

I should probably go read up on this but I thought the behavior of
extensions was such that anything created from an extension is omitted from
the traditional dump/restore process.

Is this a within 9.2 dump/restore or are you crossing version boundaries
somewhere?

What was the original version of PostgreSQL when PostGIS was installed and
how was it installed?

David J.