PostGreSQL and NodeJS - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From DrYSG
Subject PostGreSQL and NodeJS
Date
List pgsql-novice
I am exploring how best to access a PostGreSQL/PostGIS DB from NodeJS. All I
need is simple SQL SELECT queries. Nothing more complex than:

SELECT * FROM portal.catalog AS cat
 WHERE ST_Intersects(st_geogfromtext('SRID=4326;POLYGON((20 50 ,19 50,19
49,20 50 ))'), cat.gpoly) LIMIT 5000;

This will be on a windows7 or windows2008 server, running PostGreSQL
9.2/PostGIS 2.0, The traffic will be pretty light (only a few requests per
minute).

Some preliminary research I have done has come up with the following
potential directions. But I was interested in hearing from others what is
working for them (as an easy implementation).

1. https://github.com/brianc/node-postgres (But I am having trouble building
it do to firewall issues), Supposed the "pure" solution is better, but I am
having issues there also) https://github.com/brianc/node-postgres-pure

2. http://www.infoq.com/articles/the_edge_of_net_and_node (And then I guess
I would write my own ADO.NET adapter to PostGreSQL)

3. I have also seen references to ODBC for NodeJS (unclear if this is the
way to go)

4. Is there something like the SQL adapter for NodeJS?
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlphp/archive/2012/06/08/introducing-the-microsoft-driver-for-node-js-for-sql-server.aspx

5. There was also a full blown ORM by EntitySpaces (which went bankrupt).
Now a defunct opensource project:
https://github.com/EntitySpaces/entityspaces.js