Re: SSI and predicate locks - a non-trivial use case - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: SSI and predicate locks - a non-trivial use case
Date
List pgsql-general
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:

>  - We don't distinguish between heap relation locks which need to

> prohibit inserts (those caused by a table scan) and heap relation
> locks which don't conflict with inserts (those caused by promotion
> from finer granularity).  We would reduce false positives if we
> did.

Correction: in the above point "prohibit" is misleading.

s/prohibit/cause read-write conflicts with/

A single read-write conflict does not cause blocking or transaction rollback.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com