Re: libpq thread locking during SSL connection start - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: libpq thread locking during SSL connection start
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2013-08-12 at 10:49 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > Alternatively, if we want to just print an error message and
> proceed, we
> > should put the strerror based on the return value into the message.
>
> That could certainly be added.

Here is a patch for that.  I also adjusted the message wording to be
more in line with project style.

> Should we also be adding an
> error message+strerror in cases where pthread_mutex_unlock() fails for
> some reason?

Ideally yes, I think.  But it's probably less urgent, because it if
fails the next lock request will probably error?

Attachment