Re: Remove redundant code in pl_exec.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Remove redundant code in pl_exec.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> writes:
> I found there are some redundant code in pl_exec.c,
> plpgsql_param_eval_generic_ro is same as plpgsql_param_eval_generic
> except it invokes MakeExpandedObjectReadOnly.

Which is exactly why it's NOT redundant.

> IMO, we can invoke plpgsql_param_eval_generic in plpgsql_param_eval_generic_ro
> to avoid the redundant.

I don't like this particularly --- it puts way too much premium on
the happenstance that the MakeExpandedObjectReadOnly call is the
very last step in the callback function.  If that needed to change,
we'd have a mess.