Re: inserting huge file into bytea cause out of memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From sachin kotwal
Subject Re: inserting huge file into bytea cause out of memory
Date
List pgsql-general
>I got a out of memory problem, when I tried to insert a binary file (256MB)
to bytea column;
>I want to get a way to insert files (vary from 1byte to 2GB)  or byte array
or binary stream into
>PostgreSQL bytea field, never cause out of memory. Fellowed by the details.
>Anybody know about this, please write to me.
>Thanks in advance!

Maximum data size allowed to store in BYTEA data types is 1GB.
so you can store data less than 1 GB.

When you are inserting system asking for more data than your expectation. by
this message-
"Details:Failed on request of size 268443660"
so please check anything wrong elsewhere in your code.

Also check free memory of your system, at the time of insertion.

http://www.microolap.com/products/connectivity/postgresdac/help/TipsAndTricks/ByteaVsOid.htm

-----
Thanks and Regards,

Sachin Kotwal