Re: Postgres User Home ENV Help - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From amulsul
Subject Re: Postgres User Home ENV Help
Date
List pgsql-novice
>Can someone please help me set the 'postgres' users home ENV so that I
>can simply type 'psql' rather than the rull path and bash doesn't say
>'-bash-4.1$'?

You, need to log in your system, do the following steps

1. open file  .bash_profile as  " vim  ~/.bash_profile "

2. Add line  " PATH=<path of your postgres bin>:$PATH " without quotation
before "export PATH "
   in my case "PATH=/opt/PostgreSQL/bin:$PATH"

3. save file and run command in terminal " source  ~/.bash_profile "

4. verify it exported correctly or not as follow
 [amul@localhost ~]$ which psql
/opt/PostgreSQL/bin/psql

Regards,
Amul