Re: pg_tablespace_databases - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_tablespace_databases
Date
Re: pg_tablespace_databases  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
> Joe Conway wrote:
>> 2) This allocation size was a bit ambigous and I think based on a once
>> longer tablespace directory name:

> This size calculation originated (copy/paste) from
> commands/tablespace.c,

Yeah --- Bruce did not adjust the string length calculations when he
editorialized on the directory name.  I'd been meaning to go back and
make them match.

> should be clarified there too (and "pg_tblspc" is
> hardcoded in strings, could be extracted to a macro definition).

[ shrug... ]  The name is not going to change again.  I have never cared
for the practice of writing strlen("foo") as if it were a compile-time
constant.  But certainly it would be entirely pointless to define such a
macro and then use it in only one place.

            regards, tom lane