Re: Migration from DB2 to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From sachin kotwal
Subject Re: Migration from DB2 to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
>as i know each value is limited to 1GB. For larger content use module lo
>http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/lo.html

I just want to know that like DB2 we can convert other data types into
CLOB/BLOB using function CLOB()/BLOB().

Example:
SELECT CLOB('testdata') FROM SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1

Same way i want to convert other data types into large objects Oid in
PostgreSQL.

Proposed SQL will like:

select col1::oid from hoge;

select to_oid('testdata');

Can anyone tell me that how I can implement above function for conversion?